Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Low undergraduate GPA, what are my job prospects? I want to move in or around D.C..?

I want to move to Washington D.C., yet I have a big worry, my undergrad GPA is pretty low. (may be 2.2 next semester) This is mainly due to stress and depression i've dealt throughout my college career, not partying. I'm going to graduate in May (Political Science major) and I want to move out of Oklahoma to the D.C. metro area. What is my potential job prospects. I also hope to get into grad school one way or the other If I do well on my GRE or GMAT, sometime soon. I know this coming semester I will get more involved on campus so hopefully that will be a good thing. Other than that I will not my my car to D.C. so I can cut down on expenses. I hope I get some help here.

Low undergraduate GPA, what are my job prospects? I want to move in or around D.C..?
Well, for most employers and jobs, a very rare few require a GPA, so I wouldn't worry about it. The most important thing is, can you apply that brain into actual real life? You can be a genius but a total incompetent in the office. You get the drift. When you apply for a job, make sure you present yourself as a motivated, confident person. That's a big selling point. And emphasize your skills. Good luck!
Reply:Are you in Stillwater or Norman? Boo on you if you are from Norman! :) Anyway, like the gentleman above me stated: very few employers actually look at GPAs. All you need is the degree and a willingness to work and I think you will do great, good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment