Thursday, July 30, 2009

Anybody have a yuppie job but don't really fit in b/c you aren't a yuppie?

Thank god I'm not. Everytime I see a coworker i just think to myself "that dude looks like such a douchebag". I come from a working class family and all my friends are like me as well. I just happen to get lucky as hell and get a job in IT so now I am a white trash punk rocker workin with yuppies. I look at myself in disgust sometimes when goin to work in the morning cuz i have to dress up and i think "damn, I look like a douchebag now too". Everyone is so fricken gung ho about work and their careers I dont get it. I just wanna do my 9-5 so i can pay my bills then forget about it. Not these people, they are obsessed. Can't even have a real conversation b/c you have to watch your language and speak properly and make sure you don't offend anyone. Sometimes I miss workin as a cook and making 8 bucks an hour. But in order to make a living, I guess you have to become a douchebag. Anyone else think like me or do I just need to grow up?

Anybody have a yuppie job but don't really fit in b/c you aren't a yuppie?
You're right on dude. Save plenty of your money so you can tell them all to go to hell when you're still young enough to enjoy some of your life. That's what I've done and I'll be saying bye-bye to these corporate ******* by the end of the year.
Reply:you're so right. I've recently become operations Manager at my job... and i dread the day i have to start wearing suits and the like to work. I wear Jeans and a t-shirt so far. Its a small company but growing like wildfire.. so soon i will have to be the ****** boss..and eventually have to fire people. So not looking forward to that. Why must i trade in my Nike airs for Prada loafers?

bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment