Saturday, May 22, 2010

How can compensation for such a life-changing infection by medical experts as Hep C be so lowly regarded?

In your files, I found opinions on financial compensation -- mostly, I admit, about viral infection by the NHS in the UK.


I am seeking a way -- so far, without success -- of claiming the same sort of compensation as we are entitled to in the UK under the Skipton Fund (£20,000 for transfusing Hep C; £25,000 for cirrhosis of the liver), from a foreign government.


After eight years working and living with my wife and child in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, I was badly injured in a road accident and given a transfusion of 12 pints of blood. Ten years later, tests showed my blood system was contaminated with an Afro strain of Hep C genotype 4.


My accident and the treatment saved my life -- but led to my divorce, loss of wife, son, home (I got £8,000 share of a £200,000 house), car %26amp; furnishings.


On return to England, after another four-year stint in Dubai, I have no job, was given the Hep C bad news, developed cellulitis, am losing £30-a-week benefit and seriously need cash compensation.

How can compensation for such a life-changing infection by medical experts as Hep C be so lowly regarded?
I hope you recieve compensation. Theere is but one problem, and that is, how can you prove you contracted Hep. C from the transfusion? That is most likely the defense's statement.





To answer your original question... Corporate and people for claims are ignorant and apathetic.





Best of luck.


V


No comments:

Post a Comment